The Scout hut is located on the South Eastern edge of Blaby:
Details of who to contact about hiring the Scout hut are on the Hut Hire page.
Meetings are normally held out our hut (see above for location).
You will be given plenty of notice of any meetings that are to be held elsewhere.
Meetings are normally held on the following evenings during school term time:
- Beaver (ages 6 to 8 years) meet on Tuesday evenings.
- Cubs (ages 8 to 10 1/2 years) meet on Wednesday evenings.
- Scouts (ages 10 1/2 to 14 years) meet on Friday evenings.
- Explorers (ages 14 to 18 years) meet on Monday evenings.
You will be given plenty of notice of any meetings that are to be held at other times.
The monthly subscription fee for each young person is £15.00. The subscription fees covers the cost of running Scouting activities, the cost of running and maintaining the Scout hut and minibus, and annual membership fees that must be paid to the Scout Association.
Subscription fee payments are managed through the Online Scout Manager (OSM) payment system.
Camps and visits are usually charged separately to this, on a case-by-case basis.
The permissions that you need to provide are detailed on the membership form that will need to be completed when your child joins us.
Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Explorers wear full uniform to all meetings unless specifically told not to.
- Beavers wear a turquoise sweatshirt and our group necker with a plastic woggle.
- Cubs wear a dark green sweatshirt and our group necker with a plastic woggle, coloured to represent their six.
- Scouts wear a dark green shirt and our group necker with a brown leather woggle.
- Explorers wear a brown shirt and our group necker with a brown leather woggle.
All uniforms must be worn with navy Scout activity trousers, and a belt for Scouts and Explorers.
We have a complete ban on phones for any under 18’s in our Scout Group, both on weekly meetings and on camps and visits. Please do not send your child with a phone. If they need a phone (e.g. to arrange a lift home) then you should leave it with a leader at the start of the meeting and collect it at the end. Please see our Mobile Phone Policy.
We have a photograph and video policy to enable the positive use of photography without compromising the safety of any members or leaders. Please see our Photograph and Social Media Policy for full details.
Camping and outdoor activities are a fundamental part of Scouting and often require your child to bring some clothing or equipment that you may not normally have. A formal kit list will be provided before every camp and any exceptional activities that require special clothing.
As a general rule you child will need the following throughout their time in Scouting:
- A sleeping bag (the warmer the better)
- Roll mat (foam mat to sleep on)
- A single large rucksack or sports bag (suitcases are not easy to carry across fields)
- Plastic plate, bowl & mug & basic cutlery (not mum’s best silver!)
- Hiking boots or similar (very important when in Scouts)
- Full waterproof clothing – jacket & trousers
- A torch (headtorch is best, LED will last much longer than a traditional bulb)
Don’t panic, these are not all needed on day one and become more important when in Scouts / Explorers. Please contact us if you have any questions about kit.
We are always on the lookout for helpers, in both uniformed and non-uniformed roles. There are many ways in which you can help if you don't have the time or inclination to become a Scout leader, for example:
- Becoming a member of our Executive Committee.
- Assisting with fundraising.
- Participating in group social events.
- Helping to run an evening using your skills or vocation.
- Lending a hand in maintaining our hut and scouting equipment.
Please see the Volunteering page for more information.
All of the leaders involved in Scouting or any parents that volunteer to help have been vetted by the Scout Association and have undergone an enhanced Scout DBS check. You should be given the contact details of your section leader when you sign up. Alternatively, fill in the form on this website and your message will be forwarded to the correct person.