- Application: An application for the hire of the building and facilities must be completed in writing on the application form (available on the Website). Completed forms should be sent to:
Group Scout Leader; Jane Young, 5 Blenheim Crescent, Broughton Astley, Leicester LE9 6QL
Tel: 01455 283240; 07765 074979 GSL@blabyscouts.org
- The Scout Group reserve the right to refuse any application and impose additional terms and conditions.
- Charges: The hire charges shall be in accordance with our scale of charges. All time required to set-up and clear-down must be included in the booking times. Other rates are at the discretion of the Executive Committee of the 26th Leicester (Blaby) Scout Group.
- Payment Terms: The hire charge must be paid before the start of the hire period.
- Cancellation of Hiring: The 26th Leicester (Blaby) Scout Group reserves the right to cancel the hire at any time.
- Permitted use: The building and grounds shall not be used for any purpose other than stated in the Hirer’s application. All conditions must be adhered to and the Hirer is not allowed to sub-let the use.
- Liability for loss or damage: Neither the Scout Association nor the 26th Leicester (Blaby) Scout Group accept any liability or responsibility for any loss or damage to any person or property arising from the hiring of the building and its grounds.
- Parking: Vehicles can be parked in the the Scout Hut car-park. Clear access to the building must be maintained for emergency vehicles at all times.
- Boundaries: Persons using the building must remain within its boundaries.
Use of the Building:
- Hire of the main hall includes the use of the kitchen, toilets, heaters, Wi-Fi, chairs, tables, cleaning equipment and garden.
- Hire of the meeting room includes use of its 50-inch screen, drink-making facilities, heating, Wi-Fi, chairs and tables and use of the hut toilets.
- When entering the main hall ensure fire exits are opened by rotating the circular knob, reverse when leaving the building.
- The building must be left locked and secured with all electrical equipment switched off. The main hall heaters and lights are operated by the switches on either side of front door.
- The building must be left clean and tidy with all rubbish removed by the Hirer.
- Scouting equipment must not be used.
- The first floor is out of bounds unless the meeting room has been hired.
- Alcohol must not be sold on the premises.